Error while launching OWS from another User

The public knowledge pool and discussion forum of the OWS community. Do not post confidential information here!
Ashok

Error while launching OWS from another User

Post by Ashok »

Hi,
I have installed the OWS on the Linux OS platform under the "root" user. Here when I start my java application from the root user, it will download the ".jnlp" file and the OWS will start executing that ".jnlp" file. And it is functioning smoothly.
But when I try to launch from another user, I'm getting the error "No Suitable JVM was found to start the application". Please find the attachment.

Please let me know whether I need to add any configurations to make it work from another user.

Thanks,
Ashok
Attachments
ows_error.PNG
ows_error.PNG (40.79 KiB) Viewed 6941 times

Ashok

Re: Error while launching OWS from another User

Post by Ashok »

Hi,

Please find the below scenarios in which I executed ows.

1. I installed OWS in the root user and tried launching OWS. It is working fine.
2. Due to some security requirements, the direct login of the root user was blocked. I can't able to directly login the "root" user. By using "su - root" command I logged in to the "root" user. Later, If I execute OWS, am ending up with the above error. Also, all the settings are not proper.

OWS is working fine on the direct login of "root" user. But execution from other users is throwing an error.

Please let me know the solution to overcome this error.

Thanks.

Janak Mulani

Re: Error while launching OWS from another User

Post by Janak Mulani »

This is not an OWS issue. You should install OWS on your machine such that all the users that need to use have proper access rights as OWS tries to temporarily store downloaded resources and cache them. For this it requires necessary access rights to the system.