Image Reader iterator is empty in macOS

The public knowledge pool and discussion forum of the OWS community. Do not post confidential information here!
amitabha.kar

Image Reader iterator is empty in macOS

Post by amitabha.kar »

Image Reader iterator is coming as empty when using in macOS. Working in Windows though.

Iterator<ImageReader> iterator = ImageIO.getImageReaders(is);

Any help is appreciated.

Stephan Classen

Re: Image Reader iterator is empty in macOS

Post by Stephan Classen »

Is this in an application or in OWS ??

amitabha.kar

Post by amitabha.kar »

This is an application which we are launching via OWS. After that the image does not open in a MacOs.

Janak Mulani

Post by Janak Mulani »

Which version of OWS are you using? Which version of Java is being used to run the app on Windows and Mac?

Do you mean to say that the a version of OWS on Windows is able to start your jnlp app but the same version of OWS on Mac is not able to start the same jnlp app?

Is there any exception in the log file? Is is possible that some jar file of your app that contains the image did not get downloaded?

Can you please compare the log files from Windows (where it worked) and Mac (where it did not work) to see if there is any difference.

amitabha.kar

Post by amitabha.kar »

Thank you for your questions. I figured out that the image file is getting download in the folder (/Applications/OpenWebStart/OpenWebStart javaws.app). When I am runnign with 'open' command, system couldn't find the file. If I do Show Package Contents then the file shows up.

Can I change default download location in the configuration? If yes, where. Otherwise, what are aother alternatives.

We are using OWS 1.3.3 and updating to 1.4.0. We are using JVM as Amaon Corretto 1.8.292.10.1

Janak Mulani

Post by Janak Mulani »

image file is getting download
How have you specified the image file that is used by your app?

Normally you would put all resources in a jar file and specify the jar file under resources tag in your jnlp file.

OWS downloads and caches all resources (jars) in User Home/.cache/icedtea-web/cache directory.