Digital Signature Warning Even With Settings

The public knowledge pool and discussion forum of the OWS community. Do not post confidential information here!
PWn3R

Digital Signature Warning Even With Settings

Post by PWn3R »

Hi -

I've read through the documentation and am deploying system configurations with certificates and exceptions. Happy to provide what I'm deploying:
https://imgur.com/a/tIRVb4l

The cert in the message that is popping up is in the trusted.certs file.

I'm getting this message even with the settings deployed:
https://imgur.com/a/DFIQTCx

Is this expected? I need to find a way to stop this from coming up. When you check the box and hit run, it stores it in the local user profile which is not what I want to do.

Thanks,

Janak Mulani

Re: Digital Signature Warning Even With Settings

Post by Janak Mulani »

The cert may not be present in the keystore of the jre or OWS. If you trust the cert then choose "always trust contenet from this publisher" .

You can see the certificates in keystores using the itw-settings app.

PWn3R

Post by PWn3R »

Ah, that’s a great point. I will try putting that file into the JRE. I feel dumb now.

Edit: that did it. I put the trusted.certs into the JRE folder and it's working now. Sorry, I can't believe I didn't find this in previous efforts to look into this problem.

Janak Mulani

Post by Janak Mulani »

There 3 places that OWS tries to find the certs for verification:

During Phase I when it gets the jnlp file: In the bundled jre\lib\security and UserHome\.config\icedtea-web\security

During Phase II when it gets the resources and starts the app: In the jre\lib\security that best matches the one specified in the jnlp file and UserHome\.config\icedtea-web\security