JavaFX example maven project for OpenWebStart

The public knowledge pool and discussion forum of the OWS community. Do not post confidential information here!
Daniel_B

JavaFX example maven project for OpenWebStart

Post by Daniel_B »

Hi, I'm looking for a simple Maven sample project to build and deploy a JavaFX desktop app using openJDK 11 and OpenWebStart.
so far I used on my Java8 Project com.zenjava.javafx-maven-plugin for building and signing the *.jar files with the org.apache.maven.plugins.maven-jarsigner-plugin. Has anyone experienced in this case? I'm just looking for a "hello world" maven project pom.
Best regards Daniel

Daniel_B

Re: JavaFX example maven project for OpenWebStart

Post by Daniel_B »

Hello Janak, thanks for answer. This FAQ provides me a lot of good information about 'how to run javafx applications'. At the moment I concentrate more on the building process via maven. Have you or someone got any example for this case? I know its a bit off-topic and it does not related directly to the OpenWebStart software, but maybe some other users of OWS are interested in the deployment process of java applications for OWS.
Best regards Daniel

Janak Mulani

Re: JavaFX example maven project for OpenWebStart

Post by Janak Mulani »

Please have a look at https://openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/maven.

Then you can build:
1. jar file with manifest have security permissions using maven-jar-plugin

2. sign the jar file also the openjfx jar files using maven-jarsigner-plugin

3. create jnlp file with your app jar and openjfx jars like the one found in the FAQ documentation link I sent you earlier

4. deploy the jnlp and the jars file in a server.