Application not launching - looks like looping behavior

The public knowledge pool and discussion forum of the OWS community. Do not post confidential information here!
magnusska

Re: Application not launching - looks like looping behavior

Post by magnusska »

I unpacked jar and found only 1 APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP.
I now removed APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP from the jar and the looping is gone, but startup still does not complete.

I will investigate further, but it looks to me that the loop occurs when APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP is present in the jar.

Janak Mulani

Post by Janak Mulani »

Code: Select all

<application-desc main-class="no.statnett.fifty.intern.client.ApplicationStarter" name="Fifty (@https://mms-sn-nattbygg1-klient-fifty-cm-mms-endpoints.apps.stas-test.statnett.no)" >
    <argument>https://mms-sn-nattbygg1-klient-fifty-cm-mms-endpoints.apps.stas-test.statnett.no/larm</argument>
  </application-desc>
Your are passing the Url to your application. Is your application trying to Download from this Url using JNLP API such as DownloadService or DownloadService2 or any other JNLP API?

magnusska

Post by magnusska »

Janak Mulani wrote: 04 Apr 2023, 12:08

Code: Select all

<application-desc main-class="no.statnett.fifty.intern.client.ApplicationStarter" name="Fifty (@https://mms-sn-nattbygg1-klient-fifty-cm-mms-endpoints.apps.stas-test.statnett.no)" >
    <argument>https://mms-sn-nattbygg1-klient-fifty-cm-mms-endpoints.apps.stas-test.statnett.no/larm</argument>
  </application-desc>
Your are passing the Url to your application. Is your application trying to Download from this Url using JNLP API such as DownloadService or DownloadService2 or any other JNLP API?
The command line argument is the url to the server. It is used to set up the connection to the server.
We have been using javaws to run the app in java 7 and 8 and there have been no problems with this.
Removing APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP seems to fix the issue, but I now have a new problem:
My app (login prompt) is not launching before a POST is sent. The POST fails because user is not authenticated.
This may be related to OWS, as the same doesn't happen in java8.

Janak Mulani

Post by Janak Mulani »

But, are you using any of the JNLP APIs in your application?

Is removing the APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP a solution? Don't you need Signed JNLP?

How about removing JNLP-INF from INDEX.LIST but keeping the JNLP-INF/APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP? Does that work?

OWS code is different from JWS of Java 8 so cannot say why it was working there and not here.

>
but I now have a new problem:
My app (login prompt) is not launching before a POST is sent. The POST fails because user is not authenticated
>
This is your application specific and I cannot comment without looking at the code or logs.

Btw, what company are you working for?

magnusska

Post by magnusska »

Finally my application is launching 8-)
I guess removing APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP the problem.

Thank you for all help Janak :D

Janak Mulani

Post by Janak Mulani »

>
Removing APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP seems to fix the issue, but I now have a new problem:
My app (login prompt) is not launching before a POST is sent. The POST fails because user is not authenticated.
>

I don't understand. From where did you remove the APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP, from JNLP-INF in the jar file? If you remove it from there then it is no longer signed JNLP.

Can you send the logs of the run after you removed the APP TEMPL JNLP? I am still curious why it was going into a loop.

magnusska

Post by magnusska »

Log files attached. Stage2 log is truncated (I removed most of the logging from after app was launched)
Attachments
no-jnlp_template-ows-stage2.log
(207.2 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
2023-04-04_16_22_56.775-ows-stage1.log
(28.62 KiB) Downloaded 221 times