Unattended Installation with JNLP file Association

Get help with installation and configuration of OWS. Please post specific bug reports, pull requests, or source code extensions on github.
Paul Gellissen

Unattended Installation with JNLP file Association

Post by Paul Gellissen »

Hi,

I would like to know the behaviour of OWS when being installed in the unattended mode with JNLP file associations. According to the docs in Github here https://github.com/karakun/OpenWebStart ... stallation it is possible to configure the association of JNLP files with OWS in the unattended response.varfile. But I noticed that JNLP files will only be associated to OWS when they are not assigned to another application like Oracle Java.
That means we have to uninstall Oracle Java before installing OWS if we want to link OWS to JNLPs. Or is there a possibility to enforce the association?
I think the docs could need some clarification.

Thanks
Paul

Janak Mulani

Re: Unattended Installation with JNLP file Association

Post by Janak Mulani »

I tried reproducing this but could not.

On my machine I had .jnlp associated to Oracle JWS using Settings > Choose Default Apps By File Type.
.jnlp file were showing Java icons.
Dbl clk/RtClk>open on jnlp file started oracle jws.

I ran silent installer >OpenWebStart_windows-x64_1_7_0.exe> -q -varfile response.varfile where the response.varfile had: sys.fileAssociation.extensions$StringArray="jnlp".

After running the silent installer :
.jnlp file are showing OWS icons.
Dbl clk/RtClk>open on jnlp file started OWS..