Application Error: The signed JNLP file did not match the launching JNLP file.

The public knowledge pool and discussion forum of the OWS community. Do not post confidential information here!
KlausFriese

Application Error: The signed JNLP file did not match the launching JNLP file.

Post by KlausFriese »

Hi,

We can't start our application anymore, errormessage is

Code: Select all

"Could not initialize application. The application has not been initialized, for more information execute javaws from the command line."
Message in the logfile is:

Caused by: net.sourceforge.jnlp.LaunchException: Fatal: Application Error: The signed JNLP file did not match the launching JNLP file. Fehlende Ressource: Signed Application did not match launching JNLP File_de
I doublechecked the JNLP files and I see no difference. And the JNLP files are working with old Java Webstart.

Logfiles are attached, any idea what I can do?

Thanks
Klaus
Attachments
2023-06-08_13_30_01.527-ows-stage2.log
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 159 times
2023-06-08_13_30_01.527-ows-stage1.log
(62.4 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

Janak Mulani

Re: Application Error: The signed JNLP file did not match the launching JNLP file.

Post by Janak Mulani »

You have a jar file specified in your Jnlp file.

This jar file must have a JNLP-INF folder which must contain APPLICATION.jnlp or APPLICATION.TEMPLATE.JNLP.

The log file says

(Fatal: Application Error: The signed JNLP file did not match the launching JNLP file. Fehlende Ressource: Signed Application did not match launching JNLP File_de)
Which file do you have in the signed jar APPLICATION.jnlp or APPLICATION.TEMPLATE.JNLP or both?

Can you try if one of the following works:
- renaming your jnlp file extension .jnlp?
- using a JVM other than Java 18 (eg. Java 11 or 17) is that is an option

To be able to investigate your issue I need to look at the jnlp and the signed jnlp.

Would it be possible for you to buy paid support? You can buy https://openwebstart.com/support/ or you can buy consulting by hours. Let us know at openwebstart@karakun.com.

Janak Mulani

Re: Application Error: The signed JNLP file did not match the launching JNLP file.

Post by Janak Mulani »

Does your jar file have both APPLICATION.JNLP and the APPLICATION_TEMPLATE.JNLP under JNLP-INF ?

It seems Oracle JWS allows both files to exist in the jar but gives preference to the template.

When both the files are present in the jar, OWS is processing the APPLICATION.JNLP and throwing the error for mismatch before processing the template jnlp.